Drifter Plus Kayak
Safari H2O Kayaks and Canoes are custom built & coloured locally near Wangaratta.
PRE-ORDER FOR SUMMER/CHRISTMAS - ALLOW THREE WEEKS FOR DELIVERY. LOCAL PICK UP OR DELIVERY ONLY.
Drifter Plus Kayak
The Drifter Plus is a proven performer with great features. From your very first paddle, you will enjoy what this boat has to offer.
Why choose Drifter Plus?
- The Drifter Plus is easy to use in every sense. It offers a great paddling experience and anyone experienced or new to paddling will feel in control from the outset.
- The boat tracks straight and turns how you’d want it to. It does not have a mind of its own, making it a great kayak for all paddlers.
- The weight of the boat makes it easy to handle, and it will give you great confidence to just get in it and have fun.
- The Drifter Plus is also a great kayak for playing around in the surf.
Category: Sit In / Recreation
Application: All flat water, white water up to Grade 2, rivers, calm ocean
- Large cockpit makes it easy to get in and out of
- Hammock storage area under the deck for easy access. An innovation that makes so much sense and will be one of your most used features.
- Large rear hatch with sealed bulkhead storage area behind the paddler
- Adjustable footrests
- Built-in safety floatation
- Extremely comfortable, fully padded and adjustable UF Design™ seating (adjustable for height and lumbar)
- Paddle holder
- Full deck rigging
- Easy to adjust footrails
- Comfortable, fully adjustable seat and back rest
- Paddle included
The Drifter Plus story:
Traditionally, kayaks were all around 13 feet long (4 metres), but we wanted a shorter boat for convenience of handling and paddling. However, often a shorter boat means a compromise in tracking, so we worked hard to build a hull with the tracking and stability that a longer kayak provides.
We also wanted a hull that provided good speed and was comfortable to sit in. We wanted a kayak for people who didn't want a small cockpit and a feeling of entrapment, and designed all these attributes into the Drifter Plus. It’s a boat that people will have a great experience with, and will stand the test of time.
The Drifter Plus was Safari H2O founder Robin Box’s design. He wanted a kayak that looked smart and was inspiring to paddle, and we’re very pleased with the result.
Paddler weight: From children through to adults of 110kg
Cockpit length: 90cm
Cockpit width: 49cm
Please contact us for advice to make the right choice for you before you buy.