Cooking with a Potjie Pot
The potjie pot is great for cooking a variety of foods including meat dishes or larger pieces of meat, vegetables and rice. The rounded shape helps to collect liquid in the bottom of the pot, requiring only a small amount of liquids to be added. The potjie pot can be used by placing the pot over hot coals, either on an open fire or on top of a grill.
- Place coals under and around the pot. The heat can be regulated through moving coals closer or further away from the pot.
- If a loud bubbling sound can be heard from two metres away the heat is too high.
- If you can hear a soft simmer the temperature is right. Keep a fire going close by for new hot coals to be added as required.
- Avoid placing the potjie pot over flames as this may weaken the cast iron and can lead to cracking.
- Avoid adding cold liquids into a warm potjie pot.
- When adding liquids pre-heat to boiling temperature or add very small amounts at a tme.
- Always wash a warm potjie pot with hot water or let it cool completely before washing it.
- Pre-seasoned: During manufacturing, a controlled spray system that has coated the entire surface with a vegetable oil mix, has been treated in an oven at 450 degrees C. This ensures the superior coating soaks through the porous surface, resulting in a rich deep finish.
- Ready to use: No need to remove messy wax residue, as with some other brands. Simply was in warm water, dry well and use.
- Solid dense structure: Ensuring a consistent cooking temperature. Heats evenly - retains heat and versatile. Lasting for generations of outdoor cooking.
- Comfortable steel spiral carry handle.
- Wooden storage box with rope carry handles.
- Dimensions: Ø270 x 330H (mm)
- Weight: 10.2kg
- SKU: CFR16123
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.