The DIX designed and engineered Mawby Hook is an innovation for customers requiring a sturdy, easy solution for their trailer or caravan.
If your work requires you to frequently use a trailer or if you enjoy getting out on the open road while towing your caravan, the Mawby Hook is an essential item to have on your vehicle. Designed by DIX Engineering in their Renmark workshop, the Mawby Hook is a quick action trailer safety chain coupling which is easy to install and suitable for most towbars.
Safety chains are compulsory in all States and Territories of Australia and must be strong enough to hold the trailer and prevent the drawbar from touching the ground, should the coupling fail or be disconnected from the ball. The Mawby Hook has been fully tested to AS4177.4 for caravan and light trailer towing components (patent pending). Using drop forged steel construction, the Mawby Hook is currently rated up to 3.5T.
- Fully tested to AS4177.4
- Drop forged construction
- Rated to 3.5t ATM (Aggregate Trailer Mass)
- Pilfer-proof attachment
- Easy to install
- Suitable for most towbars
- Perfect for caravans & trailers
- Mount shackle onto towbar safety chain coupling point, insert load pin into shackle and retain using supplied spring pin.
- Position the hook on the safety chain by selecting a link on the safety chain that keeps the chain as short as possible but allows complete movement of the trailer
- Check that the selected chain length allows hook and shackle to be coupled and uncoupled
- Mount the hook to the safety chain by inserting the load pin and retail using supplied spring pin
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.